Featured Post

Applying Email Validation to a JavaFX TextField Using Binding

This example uses the same controller as in a previous post but adds a use case to support email validation.  A Commons Validator object is ...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fixing a SQL Server Connection Failure in a Dev Environment

I spent more minutes than I would have liked en/disabling TCP/IP and turning on and off my firewall to fix this connection problem in SQL Server

I set up a user in SQL Server that would use SQL Server authentication from a Talend job's JDBC connection.  I kept getting a login failure from both Talend and Management Studio.  I could logon to Management Studio with Windows Authentication.

There's a server setting made at installation for authentication type that may need to be adjusted.  Right-click on the server in Management Studio's and check the configuration.

Changing SQL Server Authentication Type Post-Installation

No comments:

Post a Comment